Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Why I am Not a Feminist Part n + 5: Feminism Ignores The Basic Women's Issues

 Motherhood: In most species, including humans until circa 1960 (women controlled contraception) males are expendable protectors and providers for the nest, den, home or whatever. 

Females of all species until recently had no control of fecundity and bred whenever a male was available to protect the territory around the den and provide food for the brood. The female was necessarily preoccupied with breeding and training offspring until they were ready to exist on their own. Males competed for the opportunity to breed by exhibiting the ability to protect a territory and provide resources for the female.  

Unfortunately, from the beginning (I was there as a parent in a dual career marriage with children) “Feminism” had nothing to do with equal opportunity or equal rights for women. It was about not treating women as sex objects and breeders.  News Flash!  Males and females are sex objects in all species that want to survive as a species, and generally only the females are breeders. 

This is what “Feminism” was against and why I am not a “Feminist” nor a “sexist.” I am a human.
If “feminism” were dealing with women’s issues like supporting proper education for young women, supporting working mothers, and supporting mothers in general, note that 99+% of mothers are women, instead of trying to change male humans into something else, I would be an early feminist by definition. “ Feminists” refused to support my circa 1970 case for a full tax deduction for child care expenses to enable both parents to work full time jobs and refused to support an appeal when I lost in tax court. I couldn’t afford the appeal I had to pay the tax and continue working full time to support my family. They were too busy shaming cat-callers and trying to change English from the use of “men,” male pronouns and “chairman” from generic human to specifically male only.

No comments: