Friday, September 13, 2019

Ten Most Influential Books


 I’ll try to limit to 10

 Steinbeck:
The Red Pony. (My first gift book. 5 yr. birthday)
Grapes of Wrath
East of Eden

 Heinlein:
Have Space Suit Will Travel
The Moon is a Harsh Mistress
Stranger in a Strange Land 

 Jefferson:
The Jefferson Bible

 Asimov:
I Robot

 Pirsig:
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

 Hofstadter:
Gödel, Escher, Bach

I just read my bookshelves to see what I missed.

None displace any of the 10 but deserve a place on the list:

 Niven, Pournelle:
The Mote in God’s Eye.
Oath of Fielty 

 Heinlein:
Most of the Juveniles
The Number of the Beast
Time Enough For Love

 Card:
Ender’s Game

 Jeffers:
Not Man Apart (Sierra Club/Ballantine Collection)

 Church:
The Cathedral of the World

 Fulghum:
All I Really Need To Know I learned in Kindergarten 

 Steinbeck:
Cannery Row

No comments: