Tuesday, May 12, 2015

The Science of God's Creation

beliefnet
May 12, 2015 -- 2:14AM, Roymond wrote:
I wish you could have visited our Intelligent Design club in college.  It was all people who had come to religion not by any assumptions, but via science.
At this point I think it would be better referred to as God Design to avoid the Dover crowd, and to leave undefined where God entered the picture.  

I have been in or assocciated with hard science both academic and commercial most of my life.  Without believers doing the bulk of the science both would come to a screeching halt.  As long as believers are using hard science to "Discover God's Creation" and not trying to prop up preconcieved notions of what that creation is, I see no reason to assume that my science of trying to figure out how things work is necessarily better science.

"So that is how God does it!" is essentially not conceptually different from "That is how it works!"  I am not sure anyone could find a scientist in any field that could prove that the Higgs is not indeed the God boson. 

No comments: